Original M-T-G is formulated to eliminate the causative agent creating the skin problems so it treats at the source to dry up and heal the affected area. Its special ingredients also condition the skin and hair around the problem area which promotes both healthy skin and hair regrowth. Original M-T-G keeps the skin conditioned while creating a barrier against the elements. It offers quick relief and visible hair growth in 3-5 days.
Original M-T-G is easy to use. Just rub a small amount into the affected area without disturbing or picking the scabs off. There is no need to rinse or wash out between applications. Once the area is healed and you want to wash the residue off just use Shapley’s Hi Shine Shampoo which is specially formulated to remove Original M-T-G quickly and easily. Shapley’s Easy-Out spray will also remove Original M-T-G both from the horse and from your hands.
Method of Use
• Shake bottle thoroughly to mix the sediment layer on bottom of bottle throughout the rest of the liquid in bottle. Continue to shake periodically during application.
• Apply directly to the problem spot using just enough to cover without applying too much and having the excess run down the horse.
• Don’t pick scabs off as it may be painful to the horse and cause slight swelling. The scabs will fall off on their own after the healthy skin grows back under the scab.
• After scratches heal on the horse’s legs, put a thin layer of Original M-T-G on the affected area before turnout in wet conditions to provide a barrier against the horse becoming re-infected.
• Do not share brushes, blankets or turnout between horses with a skin problem and those without a problem as fungal and bacterial problems are highly contagious. Wash anything that comes into contact with infected horse so you won’t re-infect him after he heals. Brushes can be washed with a bleach solution to kill the fungus or bacteria making sure to rinse well.
• The oil in Original M-T-G may make your horse sensitive to the sun and susceptible to sunburn. If the horse spends a lot of time in the direct sun you may want to apply Original M-T-G in early evening.
• Original M-T-G may produce heat when applied so you will want to be careful applying a leg wrap over top of it as it will act as a sweat barrier.
• There is no need to wash out or rinse Original M-T-G between applications.
• Many people see the skin problem going away after just the first application.
• To grow mane or tail hair massage M-T-G into the base of the mane along the neck and on the tailbone of the horse once a week.
• When applying Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus, more is not always better. Apply sparingly.
• A quick and easy way to eliminate the Original M-T-G “smell” from your hands is to spray Easy-Out on your hands, rub in well and wash out the smell.